Google Forcing Youtube Results Down Our Throats More And More Unethical?

So this is a bit of a rant. I understand Google is a corporation and I shouldn't expect much but year over year they have been trying their best to keep us on their platform and not click any organic results. This has gotten a bit ridiculous to me lately after the past updates there are results that are now purely youtube videos or at least 70% youtube videos. I don't see the point of even having a button at the top now for videos if you're already shoving videos down our throats so people have to see youtube ads.

I personally hate video content when searching I like to see an article with images and skim and scan and get my answer. I don't want to watch and skip through a 15-minute video of someone ranting or even sometimes I'm in the metro and don't want to turn on the sound or a video with people around.

I think it's a little unethical for Google to be able to funnel us more and more to their own properties and it kind of defeats the purpose of the web is free. I think youtube should be broken off from google into a separate entity but as that will never happen I think we're kind of screwed here in the monopoly world. As new CEOs and managers enter google and new pressure to show year over year improvements comes in how much more google entities are they going to force into the results, it's scary to think what 2030 will look like, how many more clicks will they funnel to their own properties when will they ever be satisfied, is their goal that no person ever leaves google to any other website that's not owned by Google. Scary stuff for someone that makes money blogging.

submitted by /u/Emergency_Chipmunk2k
[link] [comments]

Digitalmarketing

Digital marketing agency in darbhanga

Digital marketing agency in Darbhanga digital marketing agency Local seo service in Darbhanga Best digital marketing agency in patna

0 Comments